Today’s passage: Obadiah 15-18
- God is going to bring judgment on all the nations (Edom will not escape).
- The drinking going on in these verses is like that of Jeremiah 25:15-29. What the people are drinking is the wrath of God.
- In comparing the houses of Jacob and Joseph to fire and Esau to stubble, God is promising that Israel itself will be who He uses to destroy Edom.
Questions to consider:
- How was this bad news for Edom (and the nations) good news for Israel?
- Are the people of Israel the ones whom Edom should fear?
- Why is there good news for Israel? What (Or Who) made Mount Zion holy and the land their possession?
- How should this prophecy encourage and also humble the people of God?