A Note From Pastor Kevin
Last Sunday we enjoyed a very special Worship Service as we witnessed six young ladies being baptized and three families dedicating themselves to raising their children for the Lord. This was an opportunity for us to be reminded of the importance of us all dedicating ourselves to living for God's glory.
With the Supreme Court ruling last week that so-called "same sex marriage" is legal in all 50 states there were many weighing in on the subject over the weekend. In my message Sunday I considered this an opportunity to refocus on our priorities as believers in a world shifting ever more from God's standard for marriage and the family. If you weren't with us you may wish to listen to the message here: The Believer's Priority In a Godless Culture.
I especially appreciated Ken Floyd's remarks. He is the Executive Director of the Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches and will be speaking here on August 9th. Ken wrote, "Breaking News: God Still Reigns!… may the Church and Christians honor their Righteous Judge Who sits on His holy throne." Read his article here.
And here are a few other resources and articles I find helpful and encouraging as we consider what the Supreme Court's ruling will mean for believers and the Church going forward.
- Here We Stand, An Evangelical Declaration on Marriage from The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission
- No Sore Losers on Sunday – Singing Despite the Court's Decision by Marshall Segal
- So-Called Same-Sex Marriage by John Piper
- A Regular Baptist Response to the Same Sex Marriage Decision by David Gunn
- A Christian Response to Pagan Times – an encouraging and powerful word to believers, sermon audio by Ken Pierpont
For God's glory,