Today’s passage: Ephesians 3:7-13
- Paul’s present, temporary suffering was worth it!
- He knew he wasn’t too important to suffer.
- He knew his salvation and ministry were given to Him by God’s grace.
- He knew the riches of Christ are unsearchable…beyond HUGE…beyond measure.
- He knew the church was made to display the wisdom of God to the world, angels and demons alike.
- With all this knowledge of truth, Paul had (And we can have) boldness and confidence!
- Paul, in this passage, proves that we can be humble and confident at the same time.
- Confidence is not found in self-esteem.
- Confidence is found in esteeming Jesus Christ!
Questions to consider:
- Why should we have confidence? What is God doing and what is He going to do? Can He lose?
- What does boldness and confidence in these truths look like? Is it going to look entirely different than it did in the first century A.D.?
- How does faith turn our suffering into glory, our hurt into triumph, and worldly rejection into victory? Which is temporary and which is eternal?