Today’s passage: Daniel 4:34-37
- Now that Nebuchadnezzar has returned to sanity, he also returns as the narrator.
- Nebuchadnezzar first blesses the Most High God by acknowledging that nothing and no one on this earth comes anywhere close to God’s power and sovereignty.
- By God’s power, Nebuchadnezzar’s kingdom was not taken away from him during his seven years of absence. Not only did everything he had return to him (From possessions to people), he also say that he was given even more.
- In an indication of genuine repentance, Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that God was just in His actions of humbling the king.
Questions to consider:
- What did Nebuchadnezzar learn about God as a result of this discipline?
- How does his response show genuine signs of his repentance? What would have been another way (A proud way) he could have evaluated all that had happened to him?
- How can this passage (And passage like Hebrews 12:6 and Proverbs 3:12) be an encouragement to us when we are going through discipline? How would we know that we are?