Today’s passage: Galatians 1:6-10
- If someone adds to or takes away from the Gospel:
- It is not the Gospel.
- It is contrary to the Gospel.
- It is distortion and trouble.
- “Let him (Or her) be accursed.”
- Paul was going to lose “fans” by confirming these truths. But he wasn’t into gaining fans. He wanted to please God.
- Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Questions to consider:
- What is the Gospel? (Here is another helpful resource) Have you repented, confessed your sin, asked God to forgive you and put all your trust in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross? Is Jesus your Lord and Savior?
- There are many people who say they are Christians but do not know how to explain the Gospel. Why do you think that is?
- Do people who add requirements to the message of the Gospel call themselves Christians? Do they tend to live morally compared to the rest of the world? Do they go to church and encourage you to do so as well?
- Why is it easy to call out false teaching in the world but hard to call out false teaching in our community?