Today’s passage: Daniel 10:15-21
- The angels minister to Daniel by strengthening him after having been weakened by the shear majesty of the vision.
- When Daniel felt fully strengthened, he was ready to listen.
- The fallen angel that Gabriel was warring against, the “Prince of Greece”, was not going to come for another 200 years approximately.
- Michael is the “Prince of Israel.”
- The first verse of chapter 11 goes with this passage (Daniel 11:1). The “him” of 11:1 is the angel Michael. They come to each other’s aid in times of need.
Questions to consider:
- What have you learned about angels in the last two days? How would their view of the world and the events of history differ from ours?
- What is significant about Daniel’s preparedness to listen? What might we often assume we are strengthened to do? In what ways does it take strength to listen to the Word of God?