A ministry for all ages, our Sunday School Ministry offers excellent Bible curriculum covering the fundamental Doctrines of the Bible. A deeply committed staff is ready to care for your babies and teach your children.
Fall of 2023 Sunday School Offerings
- Adults – Pursuing Peace by Robert Jones
- Adults – How to Study the Bible
- Young Married – A study through the Gospel of John
- Young Adults – Group Devotional
- High School Students – Counter Culture by David Platt
- Middle School Students – Feed the Dog by Brock Gill
- Elementary – Generations of Grace
- Pre K-K, 1st-2nd grade and 3rd-5th Grade classes available
- The nursery is available for younger ages.
Baby and Crawler Nursery
Open during all services and most Church-wide activities for babies birth to 2 1/2 years of age.
Pre-School and Children’s Classes
Realizing that our children are a gift from God, a great emphasis is placed on their development. Sunday School teaches them about the love of Jesus. Our Wednesday evening children’s ministry, Vacation Bible School, camping ministries and youth programming all present children the plan of salvation. Dedicated workers minister to our children using innovative studies of God’s Word. A nursery is provided as well on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Children’s Church curriculum for the 2023-2024 school year is RBP’s Strong Kids.
Our Wednesday evening program for children (Kindergarten to 5th grade) involves team games, special Bible lessons, awards for Bible memory and more. This program runs from September through May.
We also offer transportation on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Please contact the church office for more information.
Our Goals for Children’s Ministry
- Stimulate kids’ desire to learn and grow.
- Build on their curiosity and their desire to enjoy life in Christ.
- Teach about God’s loving care and the Bible’s life-transforming truths.
- Help kids experience church as a delightful place to be.
Our Wednesday night children’s ministry utilizes the Gospel Project curriculum. This school year we will be focusing on the Acts and Epistles.
The teenage years are a time of vulnerability for Christian young people, and at the same time a great period of evangelism. Our youth ministry exists to REACH non-believing students, to CONNECT them with other Christians, to help them GROW in their faith, and to challenge the growing to DISCOVER their ministry and HONOR God with their life. How do we do that? By offering to students many different opportunities and methods of exploring who God is and how He relates to their life. We know students these days are very busy, so we offer as much as possible to help them find opportunities to plug in
- Sunday School – Small group Bible study
- Wednesday night – Praise and Worship, and a Bible lesson
- Special Events – Events are scheduled during the year to which the student can interact with each other and invite their friends
Our Youth Group will be working through Word of Life curriculum this school year.
FBC has joined hands with CRU to have an impact on the campus of CMU. We are excited about the many opportunities this gives us as we minister to help students become all they can be in Christ.
Every college age student is invited to come on Thursday evenings at 9:00. Students find food, friends they didn’t know they had, sing worship songs and learn more about God and His will for their lives. This is a great way to meet other Christians on campus and connect them to the local church.
Students also meet for Sunday School at 9:30am, followed by the morning worship service. We can provide transportation if you’d like to come.
God has called men to leadership in their homes, churches and communities. We offer practical opportunities for men to better their skills in these vital areas. Through the year various opportunities are offered for men to deepen their relationship with Christ and sharpen each other as men so that whether in the home, or the store, the church or the workplace, their testimony for Jesus is seen. Men’s ministries include:
- Men’s Bible Study – Two options for times to meet; Wednesday at 6:30 or Thursdays at Noon.
The purpose of Women’s Ministries is to create and organize opportunities which meet the needs of ladies in the areas of Spiritual Growth, Service and Fellowship. This is accomplished by encouraging growth among the ladies of this congregation and by warmly reaching out to the women of our community, this being in order with the overall purpose of First Baptist Church.
Women’s Ministries include:
- Women’s Bible Study – Two options for times to meet; Mondays at 1:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. This fall the women will be studying the wisdom literature of the Old Testament through, “The Wisdom of God” by Nancy Guthrie.
- Retreats and special events like “Pizza and Paint,” Christmas Parties, and a Ladies’ Tea.
- A sewing group that meets together and works on personal projects as well as projects for missions or community needs.
- A group of ladies in their 60’s and up who meet for fellowship and service projects for different ministries and outreach/evangelistic opportunities.
Our ministry to senior citizens is called, “Classics” and the group meets together about once a month for fellowship. Sometimes just to eat and spend quality time together, and sometimes to work together on a service project, such as Operation Christmas Child.