First Baptist Church Family,
According to the language in Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-21, the current stay-at-home order runs through April 13th at 11:59pm.
Our previous communication hoped for a return to normal ministry events on Wednesday April 8th, which would have then led up to Good Friday and Easter Sunday. However, given the timing of the Executive Order, unless something changes, we will not plan to return to our regular schedule until after April 13th. This means our Good Friday and Easter services are also canceled.
God is in control and Jesus still rose from the dead. Let’s plan on celebrating His resurrection the next time we all can be together, no matter what Sunday that is!
Finally, even though the church will not be able to gather together for the next few weeks, we are still the church, we are still ambassadors of Christ, and we are still on mission. Let me encourage you:
- Stay in touch with one another! If the Lord lays someone on your heart, give them a call or a text, see how they are doing, and pray together. The deacons and I will be keeping in touch with everyone, but…the more the merrier!
- Feel free to call the church office with any needs that arise and/or to ask for prayer. We will not be able to share any prayer request online or in any videos, but we can still be praying for one another and we can still band together to make sure everyone is safe (Galatians 6:10)
- Keep your eyes out for your neighbors and other friends in the community. As a church, we are especially equipped to show the love of Christ during these times. These three weeks are not a time to run aimlessly or to beat the air (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). The race is still on! We may have even more opportunity to share the Gospel with our neighbors, friends and family as they see us persevere with confidence and joy in Christ!
- Please continue to give. Even though we won’t be holding services for the next three weeks, other ministries will continue to move forward, missionaries will be receiving support, bills will need to be paid, etc. You can give online, or feel free to send your offering by mail or even drop it off in person if you are out.
- Rest in the sovereignty of God. The promises of Romans 8 are just as true today as they were two weeks ago. None of us knew this was going to happen. God knew. He is still our fortress, our shield, and our salvation. Nothing will ever pluck us out of His hand (John 10:27-30)! Seek first the Kingdom of God (Matthew 6:25-34).
Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here. Please do contact us if you can’t find what you’re looking for or if we can help you in any way.
Connecting People, Transforming Lives, With The Word of God
First Baptist is a church composed of people who love Jesus Christ, who believe the Bible is the Word of God and who desire to worship and serve the living God.
We preach and teach the Gospel of the grace of God and are committed to explaining, teaching and applying the eternal truths of God’s Word to children, teens, adults, and families.
We believe that God has called First Baptist to involve all people of all genders, cultures, races and economic backgrounds in this ministry.
The priorities of ministry at First Baptist are people first, programs second and facilities third.
If you are mature in the faith, starting fresh on your spiritual journey or seeking answers about Christ and Christianity we invite you to join us.
If you are looking for. . .
- Practical and relevant Bible teaching
- Enthusiastic worship
- An awesome student ministry
- An honest approach to life’s struggles
- Opportunities to get involved and serve
- Concern for the community
- Resources to help you grow
then. . .
First Baptist invites you and your family to come and grow in your personal knowledge of God and His Word. Join us and begin a fresh experience with God!