The Whole Counsel of God’s Word is Our Mission Statement.
God’s Word makes clear…
Our Mission – We are a community of believers in Christ Jesus who, by the power of the Holy Spirit, are committed to bringing glory to God and to maturing and multiplying disciples of Christ through worship, edification, service and evangelism.
Our Vision – We will endeavor to do this through:
- Outreach – Evangelizing unbelievers so they embrace Christ
- Discipleship – Equipping believers to be completely committed to Christ
- Service – Engaging the Body of Christ
- Fellowship – Encouraging each other in Christ
- Worship – Exalting the person of Christ
- Glorify Christ – Our starting point
- Bible – Our guide
- People – Our focus
- Fully Devoted Followers – Our goal
- Spiritual Reproduction – Our process
- Excellence – Our quality
- Relevancy – Our style
- Worship – Our celebration of God
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- In the blessed hope – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation
- In the security of the saints. All who are truly born again are kept by God the Father for Jesus Christ and will persevere to the end.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
Please contact the church office for a complete doctrinal statement of faith
Profile of First Baptist Church
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant, Michigan was founded in 1886 and has had a long history of ministry to our community. We are an independent Baptist church in partnership with the Central Michigan Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches.
The emphasis of First Baptist Church are basic. First and foremost is our desire and design to exalt Jesus as Lord. This is the underlying goal attached to every area of the church’s ministry
We are committed to building up the body of Christ, ministering to each person according to their needs. With that high calling in mind, we have established diverse ministries to encourage growth toward spiritual maturity.
Realizing that our children are a gift from God, a great emphasis is placed on their development. Sunday School teaches them about the love of Jesus. Preschool choirs praise Him in song.. Our Wednesday evening children’s ministry, Vacation Bible School, camping ministries and youth programming all present children the plan of salvation in a context of fun activities. Dedicated workers minister to our children using innovative studies of God’s Word. A nursery is provided as well as a class for every age.
We refer to our fellowship as the church “family” so it is not surprising that great emphasis is placed upon this fundamental church building block. Wednesday evening is devoted to families. Christian growth opportunities are available to each family member. At First Baptist Church every generation is important.
The teenage years are a time of vulnerability for Christian young people, and at the same time a great period of evangelism. Through personal counseling, as well as such enjoyable outings as parties, lock-ins and retreats, our young people learn what it means to stand for Christ. It is a “come and receive”, “come and grow” “come and serve” ministry.
Secondly, we seek to uphold the Word of God as our ultimate authority, making it central to life, work and worship of our church. We worship through traditional hymns as well as contemporary choruses, blending together the past and the present. Viewed as especially important is a Biblically strong pulpit.
The third emphasis has to do with family, in that we are committed to developing wholesome family life and to being a family of God ourselves. Making our fellowship warm and loving is essential to being a large family, a genuine household of faith. This same sense of family calls us to pray for one another, both privately and corporately, during the opportunities provided each week to come together. Praying, praising and worshiping together remind us we are individually members of one body in Christ, bearing one another’s burdens and sharing one another’s joys.
All various ministries and programs in the life of our church are infused with the fourth and fifth emphases, missions and evangelism. Whether it be through our worship services; Sunday School, youth, children or adult ministries; music ministries; discipleship ministries; etc., our aim is to win a person, a neighborhood, a city, a nation, a world, to Christ.