Today's passage: 1 Thessalonians 5:23-28
- Sanctification can mean being set apart (By God unto holiness), and the process of becoming more righteous (More like Christ).
- Both of these seem to be on display in verses 23-24.
- Both of these are ultimately guaranteed because God is the agent responsible. (Philippians 1:6)
- Christians don’t actually believe in the power of prayer—we believe in the power of God, and that is why we pray. – Dr. Burk Parsons
- Every brother and sister in Christ is worthy of our kindness and friendliness. There are to be no class structures in the family of God. Conflicts are to be resolved.
Questions to consider:
- How does God's unwavering commitment to hold fast and complete the work He started in you give you hope, confidence, love and patience (For you and for others!)?
- How can prayer shape your heart and desires? How does it humble us in a good way? Why does it make sense to pray?
- How does being under the teaching/preaching of the Word in the presence of others (“Read to all the brothers”) stimulate our walk with the Lord? Why is it so important to be a part of the local church? (Hebrews 10:24-25)