Today’s passage: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
- When the day of the Lord’s judgment comes, the world will be shocked. Christians will not have reason to be shocked.
- Sleeping=Being passive and indifferent. Drunk=Actively in sin
- Since God has saved Christians from wrath, we ought not to live like one’s headed for judgment.
- Christians who are alive (Physically) and who are dead (Physically) have eternal life in Christ.
Questions to consider:
- How will the world respond to the coming of Christ if that day is compared to a thief coming in the night? Will they be longing for His return or will they think everything is wonderful without Him?
- Will anyone who has not put their faith in Christ escape the judgement? Is there a neutral position on the Lordship of Jesus Christ?
- How does all of this information on the coming of the Lord encourage us to pursue holiness? If you were on the roster of the team bound for the championship, what uniform would you be wearing and how would you conduct yourself in the team huddles and on the playing field?