Today’s passage: 1 Thessalonians 3:6-13
- Paul was greatly encouraged in the midst of his suffering by the faithfulness of these Christians.
- These men who were leaders and disciplers yearned to build into the Thessalonian Christians all the more, and prayed that God would allow them to see the church there again.
- Genuine love for others results in growth and sanctification.
Questions to consider:
- What are some ways the faithfulness of other Christians has encouraged you? How might others take encouragement from your faithfulness?
- How did Paul (Along with Timothy and Silas) show an example of love to the Thessalonian believers? How were they leading not just by word but also by deed?
- Why does it make sense that loving people changes how we live and act? How would seeing people as souls that you can benefit cause you to treat them differently?