Today’s passage: Revelation 22:6-21
- “These words are trustworthy and true.” This is true of the book of Revelation and of the whole Word of God, the Bible. God’s words are trustworthy and true. Read them, think deeply about them, heed them, obey them, trust them, rely on them, eagerly expect them to be fulfilled.
- John again mistakenly worships the angel in a time when he is overwhelmed by the glory of what he is seeing and hearing. The angel’s exhortation is simple, “Worship God.”
- With all that we have read in the book of Revelation (and throughout all of Scripture) it could be so easy to get sidetracked, to be caught up in the details and doctrinal disputes, to enjoy thinking about theology, or to love the history. But, there is one response to God’s Word that is most important and most appropriate, worship God.
- There is nothing to add or take away from what God’s Word says. We are to read it, see our need, and come to Christ. We are to read it and obey. We are to read it and look for His return. We are to read it and worship God.
- Jesus is coming again. Come, Lord Jesus!
Questions to consider:
- Do you believe all this to be true? Do you know that God is holy, righteous, and just? Do you understand that you have sinned and disobeyed Him, and are therefore worthy of judgment? Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God? Do you believe Jesus lived a righteous life and then died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sin? Do you believe Jesus was buried and on the third day, rose from the dead? Have you repented of your sin, asked God for forgiveness, and received His gift of salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ?
- What does it look like to eagerly await Christ’s return? What does it mean to be “ready” for Christ to come?
- Who do you know who needs to hear the calling to “come”? How can you be praying for them? How can you share with them this invitation to come to Christ and enjoy Him forever?