Today’s passage: Revelation 15
- In today’s reading, the final series of seven is revealed (The seven seals, seven trumpets, and now the seven bowls).
- Those depicted singing in worship could be the 144,000, and/or others who believe and are martyred during the tribulation.
- The Song of Moses was sung after Israel safely went through the parted Red Sea (Exodus 15:1-21).
Questions to consider:
- In what way would Christian martyrs be those who had conquered the “beast” during their life on earth? How does martyrdom in Jesus name prove to be victory over our enemy? How are all those who are in Christ ultimately victorious?
- In what ways is the Song of Moses be so fitting for this choir to sing in Revelation 15? What are the similarities?
- What is the promise and expectation of the song lyrics in verse 4? To what kind of future does this seem to point?