Today’s passage: Revelation 13:1-10
- The beast bears resemblance to a leopard, bear and lion; these are the creatures referenced in the vision of Daniel 7. This beast could refer to the nations raised up against God’s people, or to the coming Antichrist or to both.
- The ten horns and seven heads of the beast are the same as the vision of the dragon in 12:3. The beast is with the dragon, the dragon gives authority to the beast. They are identified together.
- The worship the dragon and beast are given, and the “mortal wound” from which the beast recovers, give this dragon and beast an appearance like a false God and false Christ. This pair is considered to be the depiction of Satan and the Antichrist.
Questions to consider:
- Who will worship the dragon and the beast, and who will not (verse 8)? What does this verse teach God’s people concerning their part in God’s gracious sovereign and eternal plan?
- What is the call for God’s people in verse 10? Why are endurance and faith so critical to the life of the Christian in all ages? In what way could the book of Revelation be summarized by this final sentence in verse 10?