Today’s passage: Revelation 19:11-21
- The second coming of Christ!
- Christ is coming in victory (Riding on a white horse depicts a victorious entry).
- Christ is coming for judgment (His enemies will be vanquished).
- Christ is coming to rule (King of kings and Lord of lords, with a rod of iron).
- The clothing of Christ is covered in blood. The clothing of the armies of heaven are white and pure. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- This vision depicts the outcome of what we read in Revelation 16:14-16.
Questions to consider:
- What are all the ways Jesus Christ is pictured in this passage? What names is He given? What can we learn about Him through this vision/revelation?
- When Christ comes, who is coming with Him (verse 14)? What event is depicted in this passage and what does it bring for God’s people?
- What is the “weapon” Christ uses to vanquish His enemies (verse 15)? How must we seek out and desire the cutting nature of the Word in this life as opposed to the nature of the final judgment that will come at the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12)?