Today’s passage: Ezekiel 48
- In this final chapter of Ezekiel, the portions of land are allotted to the tribes of Israel with greater specificity than in chapter 47.
- Verses 8-22 describe the city (A new Jerusalem) which will be in the holy portion or district where the temple is.
- The city gates are named after the twelve sons of Jacob/Israel. The Levites are given entrance to the city as well, so the sons of Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh) will share a gate.
- This new city will be named appropriately, “The LORD Is There.”
Questions to consider:
- What would you say is the big theme of chapters 40-48? What is God going to do? What promise has He given?
- Why might it be difficult to interpret these chapters? Even if the details written out are not all that hard to put on a map or to diagram, what questions do you still have?
- What will be the best part of the new city, nation, temple, etc.? No matter how or when this all happens, why will it be amazing? (End of verse 35…)