Today’s passage: Jeremiah 32:1-44
- Jeremiah was arrested by the king of Judah for prophesying the truth. The good news of the false prophets was preferred.
- Verses 16-25 contain Jeremiah’s appeal and question, the rest of the chapter contains God’s response.
- Jeremiah knew what was coming and wondered why he should buy the field.
- The purchase served as a picture of God’s fulfilled promises to come.
- God’s heart for His people will result in their repentance. This is His gift to His people.
- He will do it with all His heart and soul! (Verse 41)
Questions to consider:
- When did Jeremiah obey God’s command, before or after he got the explanation? Why was it right for Jeremiah to obey in this way? What do we know about God that makes obeying Him entirely logical?
- What do we learn about the love of God in this chapter? What was His response to the sins of Judah? What is His desire for His children? What does He intend to do about it?
- How do these truths about God’s heart for Israel help us to grow in our understanding of the fear of God? How can God’s grace encourage us all the more to pursue holiness?