Today’s passage: Jeremiah 31:31-40
- Here are some New Testament scriptures to look up for more information on the New Covenant:
- In order for man to follow God fully, we need a “heart” transplant. God promises this to us in verse 33. We will know the truth, no more confusion. We will always want to do what is right.
- Verses 38-40 describe the still future city limits of Jerusalem.
Questions to consider:
- What did man do with the old covenant? If it were up to man’s performance, what would we do with any new covenants? Upon whom is the burden placed to uphold the New Covenant? How will He do it?
- In what way(s) are we already enjoying the benefits of the New Covenant? In what way(s) is the New Covenant yet to be enjoyed to its full extent?
- How does thinking about that day when God makes everything right help us to persevere and grow in the here and now? What kind of perspective can it give us?