Today's passage: 1 John 5:16-20
- If we see a brother or sister in sin, and God hasn't taken them home early (Acts 5:1-11), we should pray for their repentance!
- Christians repent. Christians will sin…but they will be characteristically repentant.
- There are really two options for us to follow, the true God or the evil one. Even if we might get caught up in following idols, the enemy is the same.
Questions to consider:
- No matter what false religion or lifestyle a person chooses to follow, if it is not what is true (Vs. 20) who are they following?
- How do verses 16-17 go along with the practice of church discipline from Matthew 18:15-20? What should the one being removed from church membership question? How will they know they are truly followers of Christ?
- Who is the One who has been born of God who “protects” all who have been born of God? In what ways are we protected in Christ?