Today’s passage: 1 John 4:7-12
- Loved as defined by the Gospel: Giving of myself sacrificially for the benefit of another.
- God sent Jesus for our salvation because it is His very nature to do so. God IS love.
- One of the identifiers/markers of a true Christian is seeing the love of God flowing through them. Christians love others because God loved them first.
- God is love, therefore God gave us Christ.
- Christian, God is in you and therefore you will love others as God has loved you.
Questions to consider:
- Who tends to be the easiest to “love”? Why?
- Read Romans 5:8. What were you like when God chose to love you? What do other people need to be like before you choose to love them?
- How would this kind of love be exemplified in marriage, in the family, in the church, in the community?