Today’s passage: Ephesians 6:21-24
- The idea of missionaries or ministers writing and travelling to share with partnering churches is biblical. It is wonderful to host our missionaries to encourage them and to hear of the Lord’s work through them.
- The church was right to care about Paul’s ministry AND Paul’s well-being. We as a church don’t just want our missionaries to be fruitful in ministry output. We also want them to be growing personally and taken care of physically.
- Paul prays for peace, love, faith and grace for the church at Ephesus.
Questions to consider:
- What needs might missionaries (Both domestic and international) have that could get overlooked? What hardships do they experience that are the same as everyone else’s?
- How could we as a church encourage our missionaries while they are with us? How might you be able to share with them how their faithfulness has encouraged your faith?
- What is a love that is incorruptible? What caused us to have that kind of love for Jesus?