Today’s passage: Ephesians 4:17-24
- Christians’ lives will progressively look different than the lives of those who do not follow Christ.
- Putting off the “old man”and putting on the “new man” results from changing our thinking (From “darkened understanding” and “ignorance” to being “taught” and “learning”).
- We do what we do because we want what we want.
- We want what we want because we think how we think.
Questions to consider:
- What humble conclusion must I come to about myself before I can start learning and growing?
- What humble conclusion must I come to about the Bible before I can start learning and growing?
- What is the bottom-line obstacle for the unbeliever in gaining understanding? (Verse 18) How should this change the way we would try to “convince” someone to become a Christian?