Today’s passage: Exodus 40
- The Tabernacle is set up!
- The Ark of the Covenant was also referred to as the Ark of the Testimony because it contained the stone tablets where God wrote His Ten Commandments.
- Today we see a repeat of an important phrase. This time in reference to Moses. “As the Lord had commanded Moses.”
- Once the Tabernacle was completed, anointed, set apart and the priests were made ready, the glory of the Lord came down and filled the Tabernacle.
- The pillar of cloud by day and fire by night now had a resting place. God was present with His people in a very apparent, visible way.
Questions to consider:
- What had God said to the people after their rebellion with the golden calf (Exodus 33:3)? After God’s grace and mercy was given, and the people repented and turned to obedience, what has now transpired?
- What promise do we have of God’s presence while we journey through this life (Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Corinthians 1:20-22)?
- How does the presence of God in the life of the believer become apparent (Galatians 2:20, Galatians 5:22-23)?