Today’s passage: Exodus 27
- Three more elements of the Tabernacle are commanded and explained in today’s chapter:
- The Bronze Altar
- The Court
- This court was an area which enclosed the Tabernacle.
- Entrance and exit of the court and Tabernacle was always to be to the East.
- This was true of the Garden of Eden as well (Genesis 3:24).
- The metals used for each element were less valuable the further away from the Most Holy Place they were.
- Oil for the Lamp
- The people were to bring oil for the lamps continually, so that they would never go out.
Questions to consider:
- What should the command to continually bring oil for the lamps have resulted in? What would the people have to do to keep those lamps burning? Is our worship a once-in-a-while occasion?
- How might Zechariah 14:4 further expound on the importance of entering the Tabernacle from the east? How is God continuing to undo the consequence of sin which caused man to be removed from fellowship with Him through the eastern gate?