Today’s passage: Exodus 26
- In this chapter, the Lord gives instruction for the creation and raising of the tent for the Tabernacle.
- According to the ESV Study Bible, the tent’s exterior dimensions would have been 45 feet long, 15 feet wide and 15 feet high. It was surrounded by a courtyard sectioned off. The interior of the tent contained the two rooms, the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place.
- The Most Holy place was a 15 foot cube.
- The Most Holy Place contained the Ark of the Covenant. The Holy Place contained the Golden Lampstand, the Table for the Bread of the Presence and the Altar of Incense. These rooms were separated by a veil (Matthew 27:51).
Questions to consider:
- In giving Israel the instructions and command to build the Tabernacle, what was God giving to Israel? What would He be providing for them under the Old Covenant (And in the exodus) through the Tabernacle?
- What structure or statue is not in the Most Holy Place? Though these items would have been beautiful to look at, what didn’t they represent? (Exodus 20:4-5)
- Why did the veil tear in two when Christ died for our sin? What serves as our covering before our Holy Just God? (Colossians 3:3)