Today’s passage: Exodus 34
- The Lord gives further revelation concerning Himself to Moses and to us!
- There is an apparent contradiction in verse 7. The Lord forgives and also by no means will clear the guilty. There must be a way for the Lord to forgive and declare some as righteous before Him.
- The same reason the Lord spoke of consuming the nation was why Moses knew they needed the Lord to be among them (Compare 33:3 with 34:9).
- Israel’s only hope (And ours) is in the grace of the Lord.
- After Moses’ appeal, the Lord renewed the covenant and restated the instructions He had already given before.
- The glory of the Lord continued to shine/reflect from Moses’ face. The people of Israel knew Moses was giving them the Word of God when the glory of God shone from his face.
Questions to consider:
- How does God forgive and by no means clear the guilty? How does He remain just and pardon sin (Romans 3:21-26)?
- What is the Apostle Paul teaching in 2 Corinthians 3:7-18? What replaced the Old Covenant which Moses was conveying to Israel in this passage? In what way is the veil removed and how can we be transformed by beholding the glory of the Lord?