Today’s passage: Exodus 29
- Instructions for the consecration of the priests is given in today’s chapter.
- Every sacrifice instructed up to verse 28 is part of the initial consecration of Aaron and his sons as priests.
- Verses 29-37 speak of the passing of the roles from Aaron to his sons and was to be followed thereafter in future generations of Aaron’s descendants.
- Verse 38 and after are sacrifices which were to go on perpetually.
- Elements of these offerings and practices speak to many aspects of the priests relationship with God and their ability to minister on behalf of the people.
Questions to consider:
- What pictures do we see in these sacrifices in how they prepared the priests for their service? What needed to be done to equip them and set them apart?
- What part of these sacrifices surprised you? Was intriguing? And why?
- How is Jesus’ role as our High Priest different? Why didn’t He need to be consecrated by the blood of another sacrifice?