Today’s passage: Ecclesiastes 12:9-14
- The Word of God is the one collection of writings that we can wholly trust. Everything else we read must be run through the grid of Scripture.
- The number of books we read is not the measure of our spiritual growth. Fear God and keep His commandments.
- God is our judge. No person on the face of this earth…no friend, no enemy, no group of kids from school, no coworkers will ever be our judge.
Questions to consider:
- In the previous passage, we were told to remember our Creator in our youth. These verses tell how to remember our Creator. How do we remember and learn about our Creator?
- Why does the Word of God sometimes feel painful (Like an ox’s goad or a board of nails)? When does this pain keep us away from God’s Word and when does this pain “Hurt so good”?
- Why should we love and read the Word of God with more gravity and attention than we read other books, news sources, or social media? How do our actions in these areas work to reveal our loves and our fear/worship?