Today’s passage: Ecclesiastes 9:7-10
- God takes pleasure in our pleasure, in our righteous enjoyment of His creation.
- The first word of this passage is “Go”. We are to enjoy life, enjoy our spouses, relationships, and our work, on purpose.
- It’s good with this passage to remember that in Ecclesiastes, we are taught that life is a gift, not gain. It is to be enjoyed, not obtained.
- Sheol is the grave. Our dead bodies will no longer enjoy this life…but for the Christian, death has lost its sting and the grave has no victory!
Questions to consider:
- How would the first half of verse nine require righteous living to enjoy? Remember, love is an action, not a feeling.
- Why should we pursue excellence in our work? How will that provide more enjoyment for us and for others?
- What will our enjoyment of this life better prepare us for after this life? What enjoyment lies ahead?