Today’s passage: Ecclesiastes 8:1-9
- Solomon learned some of these lessons the hard way (“While applying my heart to all that is done under the sun”).
- You never have power over your sin’s consequences.
- The wise see the bigger picture even under the authority of certain “kings”. The fool gets caught up in the moment and in every detail.
Questions to consider:
- In what way(s) would wisdom cause a person’s “hardness of face” soften?
- How does this passage help us to respond well and respect those who are in authority over us in government, even when we disagree with them?
- How would you best apply a passage like this with our system of government? What trends do you see in our culture related to our government that we should avoid?