Today’s passage: Ephesians 3:1-6
- Paul was not growing wealthy in his endeavor. From the world’s eyes this calling ruined his life.
- The generations that proceeded the life and ministry, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ did not have the same knowledge of the Gospel that we do. It was a mystery to them.
- If you are a Christian, you and Abraham and Paul are on the same team. All given the same righteousness through Jesus Christ. All the children of God. All joint-heirs with Christ.
Questions to consider:
- If Paul’s ministry was so hard from the world’s perspective, why did he do it? What was his joy and motivation?
- Who made the Apostles, apostles and the Prophets, prophets? Who communicated the truth of the New Testament through them? Does a person become a prophet because they or any other person wants them to be? If a person calls themselves a prophet today or says they have heard from the Holy Spirit, how could you confidently measure what they are saying?
- How amazing will it be to enjoy God forever with all the saints? How could your faith and eagerness for that day help you to pursue God’s glory today?