Today’s passage: Ephesians 2:11-22
- Because of Jesus Christ, both circumcision and the lack thereof are nothing more than characteristics of the flesh.
- Jews and Gentiles who are saved by the grace of God are one people.
- There is no higher or lower rank in Christ.
- All who are in Christ are fellow citizens.
- Christ died for us all the same.
- God is the builder. Christ is the cornerstone. The apostles and prophets served as the foundation. We are the building.
Questions to consider:
- What was the function of the apostles and prophets? Given their mention in this passage with this explanation, should we expect to see new apostles and prophets today?
- What should the God-given makeup of the universal Church do to any forms of racism?
- Why are we not required to become Jewish and follow the OT Law? What has Christ done? Does this mean that we can continue in sin that grace may abound? (Romans 6)