Today’s passage: Ephesians 4:25-32
- This paragraph consists of the results of the renewed mind in verse 23. These are examples of what gets “Put off” and then what gets “Put on”:
- Lying -> Honesty
- Growing bitter -> Resolving conflict
- Stealing -> Giving from the fruits of honest work
- Cutting words -> Building words
- Our model for forgiveness is the forgiveness God has granted us.
Questions to consider:
- What do I have to believe in order to feel justified or exonerated for lying, bitterness, stealing, using cutting words, etc.? What kinds of things do I have to be thinking in order to excuse my sin?
- If there is a sin struggle going on in your heart even now, how does your thinking about the situation compare with what God’s Word says? How will your faith in His Word have to overrule how you might think or feel about it?
- How would thinking about God’s forgiveness of my sin help me to be ready to forgive others?