Today’s passage: Ephesians 3:14-19
- Paul’s response to the gift of God’s grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ, the creative power of God, the manifold wisdom of God, and the eternal purpose of God? Bow – the – knee. His posture in prayer was submissive.
- The Spirit ministers to you within your inner man…So that Christ may dwell in your inner man.
- Over and over in Scripture the Spirit serves to point us to Jesus Christ. The Spirit magnifies the Son.
- Therefore, we are pleasing the Spirit of God when we are magnifying the Son of God.
- It takes the strength of God by the grace of God to comprehend the love of Christ.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it right for us to pray submissively to God? Why is it right to call Jesus our Lord?
- Why did you come to understand the Gospel, repent of your sin, and put your faith in Jesus Christ? What had to happen for you to hear the Gospel, believe, and be saved? Praise God for His amazing grace!
- Why does it make perfect sense for submission and love to be found in this same paragraph? How does the way of the world make that pairing seem strange?