Today’s passage: Ephesians 3:20-21
- God is able to do more than we are able to think.
- This isn’t a “name it and claim it” prosperity gospel verse. Those are things we think about and they are selfish. They aren’t the riches and love of Christ.
- This is a reminder of where our power comes from. Our effectiveness in ministry/service comes from the one who gave us the Spirit, caused Christ to dwell in our hearts, and filled us with the fullness of God. He is the power source, not my imagination.
- When we do God’s work, God’s way, God will get the glory and the results will last forever.
- When we do man’s work, man’s way, man will get temporary praise and the results will last…a little while?
Questions to consider:
- How could these verses help you to be encouraged to witness to that person you are sure would never get saved?
- How do these verses encourage us to pray? (Where does the power come from?)
- Why is it so important that our church would seek to glorify God not just in what we are doing but also how we are doing it? Whenever we see success in our church (Or our personal spiritual growth), who deserves the glory?