Today’s passage: Ephesians 4:11-16
- Apostles and prophets were given for service to lay the foundation of the church (Ephesians 2:20)
- Evangelists, shepherds and teachers are still serving today!
- A united church is a church with maturing Christians who are growing in:
- Knowledge of the truth of God’s Word and…
- Service in the work of the ministry.
Questions to consider:
- Who is the one who is to benefit from a believer speaking the truth in love? Who is the one who desires to benefit when speaking craftiness in deceitful schemes?
- Which type of church leadership is necessary for a church to truly be united, maturing…and therefore biblical? Why would an “elder rule” model be dangerous? Who is the “head” of the church?
- Who builds up the church? (End of verse 16) How should this passage instruct us, First Baptist Church, as we consider our “growth” (First spiritually because this passage is primarily about spiritual growth, then numerically)?