Today’s passage: Daniel 11:40-45
- It makes sense that the king of the north and the Anti-Christ are the same person in this passage. Antiochus Epiphanes was referred to as the king of the north in the previous passage and served as a type for the coming “king” of the end-times.
- The Anti-Christ may be alarmed by activities around him, but no human advance will overpower him. He will continue to win and conquer, until God brings his end.
- After completing his earthly conquest, the Anti-Christ will set up his headquarters (“Palatial tents”) in Israel.
Questions to consider:
- What has been true of every kingdom and king depicted in these visions, even that of the Anti-Christ?
- How does remembering the effects of the curse of sin and the reality of man’s (and even Satan’s) inferiority to God prevent us from putting our hopes in the kingdoms and nations of this world? (Psalm 20)
- Who is your king?