Today’s passage: 1 Peter 2:13-25
- God has ordained government to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.
- Christians are free from the bondage of sin and therefore willing and able to serve the Lord, honor and love others and submit to authority.
- Being punished for a crime, for sin, is not suffering. Being treated poorly for following Jesus is suffering, and it’s what God has called us to do.
Questions to consider:
- For who’s sake should we submit to our authorities?
- Since Christ is our example in suffering, how should we respond when the world might try to persecute us?
- What does “By His wounds you have been healed” mean in this context? Is that phrase meant to be applied to physical healing? From what have we been healed?