Today’s passage: 1 Peter 2:9-12
- The world disobeys the word (Rejects the Gospel/Christ) and therefore is destined for destruction. But Christians are a chosen people, set apart.
- In verse 9-10, Peter brings us to thoughts of glory and marvelous light, then in verse 11-12, we come back down to earth.
- We are a royal priesthood and a holy nation!
- And, we are sojourners and exiles.
- The world will speak of us as evil doers. It says, “when”, not “if”. But have no fear, the world is not our judge.
Questions to consider:
- Christians, what are we set apart for? What is our purpose?
- Are the names given to us (A race, the priesthood, a nation, etc.) singular in nature or plural in nature? How should this effect the way we view our involvement in the church?
- How does thinking vertically, and thinking forward (Our God-given identity, purpose, and future), help us to rightly view the world around us and our role in it?