Today’s passage: 1 Peter 2:1-8
- Since God has given you a pure heart, it’s time to put away the sinfulness that came from your old heart.
- In 1 Corinthians 3:1-2, Paul writes of Christians being fed “milk” and “solid food”. Peter is reminding us of the fundamental nature of the Gospel in our growth. We tend to drift away from grace in our thinking…which tends toward legalism, selfishness, and then fleshly living. Continue to long for the Gospel and keep your God- centered view in good maintenance!
- Jesus Christ is thee living stone rejected by men and precious to God the Father. We are made to be like Him, as living stones being built into a Temple.
- Christians, we are the temple.
- And, we are priests.
- We have access to God through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We are able to offer our lives and obedience as sacrifices to God through Jesus Christ.
- The stumbling of all who reject Christ is their fall…this is their destiny. God does not have to actively destine people to unbelief. We are all prone to unbelief, it is our default response. The doom that results from unbelief is what was appointed.
Questions to consider:
- If you have no desire for the Word of God, what does that indicate concerning your “taste” for it?
- Did Jesus give you salvation so you could be epic, or is there something bigger than you to which you now belong?
- What are the things promised to the spiritual house and holy priesthood we have been joined together with in this passage?