Today’s passage: 1 Peter 4:12-19
- It wouldn’t be strange to endure hardships and persecution.
- Difficulties in this life will make His glory revealed that much sweeter.
- “According to God’s will” = Suffering as a Christian, NOT suffering as an evildoer.
Questions to consider:
- Why might we be surprised by persecution in our time and culture?
- What does judgment and discipline accomplish for the Christian, since we cannot be condemned? (Romans 8:1, Hebrews 12:3-11)
- What does it mean to entrust our souls to our Creator? How does the fact that He is “faithful” make that sound like a good plan?