Today’s passage: 1 Peter 4:7-11
- Jesus Christ is coming again, and we don’t know how soon that might be.
- Having control of your thoughts and thinking rightly are critical for prayer.
- Every command in verses 8-11 are for me to bless others with and sourced by God…and for His glory.
Questions to consider:
- How does looking to God for all my strength and looking to others for opportunities to serve keep me from being consumed with how I am being treated (Persecution)? How would that help you to remain self-controlled and sober-minded?
- Whose love covers a multitude of sins? Does this passage encourage us to ignore people’s sin or to love them even when they sin against us? What are some ways we could mix up this verse and its application to others’ detriment?
- How does the promise of God’s glory and eternal dominion give you rest and joy?