Today’s passage: 2 Peter 1:1-2
- Peter humbles himself in his introduction:
- He is a servant/slave.
- His faith and standing is no higher than anyone else, because our righteousness has come from Jesus Christ by grace.
- Grace and peace multiply in us through knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ.
Questions to consider:
- How do you come to know God? What message/truths must you learn?
- Where do we go to gain knowledge of God and Jesus Christ?
- Why is it better to know the Word of God than it is to study the counterfeits? What wouldn’t multiply in us through a vast knowledge of anything else?