Today’s passage: 2 Peter 1:3-15
- Godliness comes by divine power (Grace) and through effort (Make every effort-Vs. 5).
- Reading the Bible with understanding takes grace (The illuminating work of the Spirit).
- Reading the Bible with understanding takes effort (Studying takes work, commitment, prioritizing).
- The best way to “confirm” your calling and election (To be sure of your salvation) is to be growing.
- If you are not pursuing growth in virtue, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness (Faithfulness), godliness, brotherly affection, and love, you are probably not going to feel like a Christian.
- If your pursuit of all these Christ-like traits is not built upon the foundation of faith in Christ (The Gospel), you are not a Christian.
Questions to consider:
- What does all things mean (Verse 3)? Is there anything pertaining to life and godliness that we need beyond what God has given to us in the knowledge of Himself through the Scriptures?
- Is there anything that you are presently seeking answers for from the world when God has already provided the answers for in His Word?
- What are some ways we can stir one another up in our knowledge and growth?