Today’s passage: 2 Samuel 21
- The last four chapters in 2 Samuel go back and highlight different times during David’s reign. They are not chronological.
- The Gibeonites had been promised peace after they tricked Israel in Joshua 9:3-27.
- David’s victory over Goliath wasn’t the only time Israel saw a giant fall. David wasn’t more powerful than the rest of the Israelites. They all had the same God.
Questions to consider:
- How did David respond after he saw the attempt at respect that was shown to the bodies of the deceased by Rizpah? How do we tend to respond to people who conduct themselves and treat others with respect?
- Why were these other Israelite men able to defeat the other Philistine champions? What had God promised them? Who was their faith placed in?
- What is the great enemy God has promised to defeat for us through Christ?