Today's passage: 2 Timothy 4:19-22
- Prisca and Aquila are the same as Priscilla and Aquila from Acts 18.
- Paul wanted Timothy to arrive before winter if possible:
- He was bringing his cloak! (Verse 13)
- He was near death.
- Travel at that time stopped in the winter due to safety concerns.
- If Timothy didn't make it before winter, he would be delayed much further.
- Though Paul had been deserted by some (Verse 17), others had come (Verse 21).
Questions to consider:
- What does the fact that Trophimus remained ill tell us about the trending of the apostolic gifts near the end of the life of the Apostles? Were miraculous healings to be expected all the time? If someone is trying to use healing today to get us to listen to them, should that draw our attention or cause us to turn away?
- What must Paul have known if he is asking Timothy to hurry and also gave final instructions for ministry to him in this book? Paul certainly hopes to see Timothy again, but does it look like he is certain he will?
- What important truth has stuck with you as you have read through the Apostle Paul's final epistle? What will you seek to apply?