Today’s passage: 2 Timothy 4:9-18
- Paul now begins the conclusion of the letter, which is full of information.
- Paul maintained an eternal focus and was able to persevere through much suffering to the end. Demas loved this present world and deserted the work.
- With Demas and Mark we see an important contrast.
Questions to consider:
- Even though Paul said he had “finished his race,” what did he still want Timothy to bring to him? When should we “retire” from pursuing and serving the Lord?
- In what way was Paul to be finally “rescued?” When a persecutors believes they have killed a Christian, what have they truly done? Can a Christian ever lose?
- What role do we see relationships playing in Paul’s life and service of Christ? Did he do things alone if he could help it? What did he hope for other believers, even when they did wrong? Who did he untrust to judge justly? How would his life have pointed others to Christ?