Today's passage: Colossians 1:15-20
- Man was created in the image of God. We were meant to represent Him and exercise dominion under His authority in this world (Genesis 1:26-27). Man fell into sin and has not perfectly represented (“imaged”) God. But the man Jesus, the Christ, is the perfect image of God.
- “Firstborn” means Christ is the one who will inherit possession of all things. Jesus was born physically when he took on flesh. But the Son of God is eternal and therefore never began to exist.
- Christ truly condescended (was brought low) to save and redeem us from our sin. And in His condescension, His glory only became more glorious!
Questions to consider:
- After reading this passage, who is Jesus? What do we learn about Him in these verses?
- If this is who Jesus is, how then should we live?
- How does this passage reorient our thinking and give us the right perspective?