Today's passage: Colossians 1:9-14
- Overall, this passage defines a wonderfully lived Christian life!
- Right thinking (in all spiritual wisdom and understanding) leads to right living (walking in a manner worthy).
- With all the great qualities this kind of life would hold, our qualification to enter the eternal kingdom is not something we have earned. It was given to us!
- God qualified us.
- God delivered us.
- God transferred us.
- God redeemed us.
- God forgave us.
Questions to consider:
- What were we delivered from and what have we been delivered to? Why did we need deliverance? How did God bring our deliverance about?
- What aspects of this passage seem to bring the believer joy? What things produce thanksgiving?
- Why does it make so much sense that a sinner saved by grace would want to “walk in a manner” that is worthy and pleasing to the Lord? Why will every true Christian be compelled to grow and follow Christ?